Our PTO's mission is not only to raise funds for our school but also to work as partners with our school administrators to ensure that Douglas MacArthur Elementary continues to be a wonderful environment for our children to learn and thrive.
Through activities and events we hope to bring parents, teachers and students together ~ one child at a time. We encourage you to surf our Facebook page and notice all the wonderful things that are happening. There are many ways for parents to get involved. YOU as parents are vital to the success of your children's education. Let PTO be your medium to an excellent parent/teacher/student relationship!
Please feel free to contact any member of the board if you would like to share your stories, thoughts or want to volunteer your time. We would be thrilled to talk with you!
- President - Corine Beard
- Vice President - Dale Holsti
- Secretary - Jessica Cribari
- Treasurer - Sherri Ziller
- Member at Large #1 - Jen Jenkins
- Member at Large #2 - Stacey Howell
- Member at Large #3 - Libby Smith
- Volunteer Coordinator - Kayla Rajcinoski
- Communications Chair - Aurora Schmiedel
- Community Relations Chair - Stephanie Koopman-Heim
- Special Projects Secretary - Gail Stewart
- Board Member Emeritus - Tiffany Noel
PTO Funded Programs
We are asked numerous times throughout the year what we do with funds that we collect throughout the school year from various PTO fundraisers. The PTO has many expenses that we hope to continue sponsoring with the help of our MacArthur families. The following is only a handful of what we try to accomplish every year with our fundraising.
- Century Book Club Trophies
- Honor Roll Dinners
- Incentive T-Shirts
- Student of the Month
- AR Titles & Incentives
- MacArthur former student Scholarship
- Field Day
- Mother's Day Essays
- Academic Bowls
- Athletic Programs
- 4 Star Club
- Various Field Trips
- School Beautification
- Staff & Volunteer Appreciation Lunch/Breakfast
- Fifth Grade Awards Luncheon
- Christmas Make a Gift
Without our MacArthur families participating in our fundraisers, we would not be able to provide these wonderful things for our students, teachers and families.